Posted By Elaine Lok CRA,
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Updated: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
| Comments (0)
Course Spotlight: Imaging that PACS a Punch!
Lecturer: James Gilman, CRA, FOPS
Date: Saturday, October 18 @ 9:45 AM
This course will help familiarize imagers with various PACS systems. It is designed to give honest subjective comments and opinions from users for those who might be ‘shopping’ for a PACS system or those considering changing to a different system.
An overview of different systems is established by comparing answers from experienced users to the following set of questions:
1. What Imaging devices are connected to their systems?
2. What Imaging devices are NOT connected the their systems?
3. How many physicians are using the system?
4. How many rooms are publishing the images?
5. How does your PACS connect to the EMR in your institution?
6. What are the features of this system that you like and use?
7. What problems do you encounter when using this PACS system?
8. Can you access the PACS outside of the institution?
9. How easy is it to extract images to a Powerpoint presentation?
10. If you could change to another PACS system, would you?
At the conclusion of this course, the attendee will be able to identify at least three different manufacturers that make PACS systems for Ophthalmology, and compare and contrast various features associated with these systems.
This post has not been tagged.