NEW in VEGAS:
OPS Comprehensive B-scan Ultrasound Course
Monday, November 16, 2015
8:30 - 5:00 (Lunch 12:30 - 1:30)
APPROVED CEC's: 7 OPS, 7 JCAHPO-A
Attend this NEW 7-hour comprehensive clinical hands-on ultrasound training course, which covers critical concepts required for the both new and experienced ophthalmic sonographer. Gain an increased understanding of the applicable principles of physics, movement and reflectivity, that are at play in ophthalmic ultrasound. Learn how to apply standardized ultrasound examination methods, identify and differentiate various pathologies and develop the descriptive terminology applied to ultrasonic characteristics. Touch, feel and use a variety of ultrasound systems, which will be provided by participating ultrasound manufacturers.
Who should attend?
This course will appeal to all Ophthalmic Health Professionals & Photographers and those interested in the field of ophthalmic ultrasound
What is on the Agenda?
This course offers 5 hours of Didactic Learning and 2 hours Hands-on Workshops. All didactic ultrasound concepts taught during the lecture series will be reinforced during the workshop series.
Didactic Courses include:
- Ultrasound Physics - Can it be this fun? - C. J. Kendall
- Ophthalmic Ultrasound Methodology - L. Affel, M. Bretana
- Part 1: The Systematic Approach to Scan the Globe in the Adult Compliant Patient
- Part 2: The Most Systematic Approach Possible to Scan the Globe in the Pediatric or Less Compliant Patient - C VandenHoven
- Ultrasound Findings in Disorders of the Posterior Segment - R. G. Waldron
- Descriptive Terminology for Diagnostic B-Scan - D. Barsness
Workshop courses include:
- Method Not Madness: How to Systematically Screen and Scan the Globe emphasizes probe positioning and 3 dimensional thinking to understand the effect of scan direction to the area of globe being examined.
- Case Based Learning: Putting the Puzzle Together is an instructor led workshop where various case scenarios are presented so that attendees can practice and apply disease specific examination techniques.
This course features established ultrasonographers and renowned speakers:
Libba Affel, MS, OCT-C, ROUB, CDOS
Denice Barsness CRA, COMT, FOPS, ROUB, CDOS
Maru Bretanu MD, CDOS
Cynthia J. Kendall, ROUB, CDOS, BMET
Rhonda G. Waldron, MMSc, COMT, CRA, ROUB, CDOS
Cynthia VandenHoven, BAA, CRA (moderator)
Thank you to the following participating vendors for
providing equipment and support for this course.